The Australian KEVIN.MURPHY team, directed by Nathan Gorman, Lucy Iasenzaniro and James Nicholson, have styled the hair for Casey Tanswell’s Spring/Summer 15/16 collection, titled ‘Ophelia’.
The collection relied on sharp and unfussy silhouettes, showcasing a powerful and bold woman. Luxurious and sensual fabrics provided the perfect foil to the severity of cut.
Under the direction of SESSION.MASTERS, the KEVIN.MURPHY SESSION.STYLING team delivered strong glazed hair, drawn back from the face, to complement the powerful collection. All detail in the hair lay behind the head, with a study of waves falling naturally. Hair was laden with product, creating a lacquered effect.
A selection of models, dependent on which garments they presented, had their look taken further, with the waves bound with braids and thread.
How to create the showcased looks:
1. PRIME hair with HAIR.RESORT.SPRAY and, using a hairdryer, mold sections of hair into waves and secure with pin curl clips to cool. All hair is directed back from the face, with waves starting from below the ear.
2. PREP the hair using bursts of SESSION.SPRAY to create a glaze. Focus on the hair above the ears and around the hairline.
3. To complete Look 1, let out pin curl clips and finish with a layer of KEVIN.MUPRHY SHIMMER.SHINE.
4. To continue creating Look 2, roughly fishbone braid the waves, starting from below the ears. Secure the ends with linen thread from the SEWING.KIT and zig-zag stitch through the braid towards the nape of the neck. Pull the thread slightly, causing the braid to buckle and secure with a stitch at the nape.
5. FINISHwith a layer of SHIMMER.SHINE for luminosity.