The Seventies may be long gone, but the volume that marked an era are far from over. ALICE + OLIVIA’s Vogue shoot featured bold and eclectic pieces with a vintage vibe from the line’s 2017 Resort Collection, and SESSION.MASTER David Cruz perfected the vision with statement hair to match. Read on to get the styling steps on the looks from the man himself!
- Evenly spray the hair with DAMAGE.MANAGER.
- Working section by section, apply a cocktail with even parts ANTI.GRAVITY and HAIR.RESORT to the hair and blow dry to create volume.
- Use a curling iron to create uneven and natural looking waves starting at the nape of the neck.
- Sprinkle in some POWDER.PUFF to give some added texture.
- If you are not working a full-time fringe, add in a hairpiece and blend it into the style.
- Spray the hair with STAYING.ALIVE.
- Create a combination of equal parts KILLER.CURLS and SMOOTH.AGAIN and apply evenly.
- Using a diffuser attachment and the cool or warm setting, blow the hair dry. (Avoid hot air to prevent any frizz!)
- Finish the curls off with a tiny curling iron.